August 3, 2008

Thing #21- Find, Create, and Use Podcasts and Audio books


I found this video and believe it expresses exactly how I feel about what I have learned from this project so far. That, Transforming Teaching Through Technology is what teachers need to embrace and implement in their classrooms in the 21st century. I think podcasts and vidcasts could be great tools for students. Students would love to be able to create podcasts about things they know or would like to know more about. This is a wonderful interesting way to extend learning in the classrooms.
While working in a bilingual Pre-k classroom I have worked with a veteran teacher who believed that our Pre-K students were still babies and didn't need to be taught or disciplined and just needed to stay in centers all day. Needless to say she has now retired. I am fortunate enough to now work with a wonderful teacher who does believe that Pre-K students can learn about social skills, reading, writing, computers and in two languages. Our little angels are like little sponges waiting to absorb anything they are taught. We just need to know how to teach them. I hope to someday be a bilingual teacher who will be open to embrace new and better ways, ideas, methods,concepts of teaching young children.

2 comments:

Hebrews 13:2 said...

bateyl...
Wow...Your embedded video was outstanding...In fact, I found the code to embed it into my own "Blog'...Even though my "Blog" is about angels, my students are my angels...I'm hoping that I will be able to use "some of their technology" in my classroom this year...That is one of the most powerful videos I've ever watched...Thanks for the enlightenment.

goal23 said...

Thumbs Up!!!This video made me realize how fortunately I am to have learned about these tools.