July 30, 2008

Thing# 12 -Creating CommunityThrough Commenting

I found the tips for commenting to be very helpful. I agree that it is important to write a meaningful comment. It is a shame that because some people choose to be anonymous they think they can be mean, rude and condescending. I believe that the 10 Commandments of Blog Commenting were very important to note and everyone should read them and follow them.
The two most important things to remember when commenting should be not to leave mean, hostile, rude or condescending comments but rather be polite. Like, I tell my own children regularly, "there is no excuse for bad manners". I also tell them to remember the Bambi rule" if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all".
I did leave comments on blogs that I found to be interesting subject matter or comments I agreed with. But I am still feeling a little awkward and a little shy about commenting. I'm still working on that.

2 comments:

Hebrews 13:2 said...

bateyl...
And, God will be with you to the end...You can do it...I'm pleased that my "Blog" inspired you to go on...Congratulations on your daughter's wedding!...I have 2 married daughters...One in Austin and one here in Houston...You take care of yourself and happy blogging...I have to get ready for Jury Duty this morning...I'll touch base with you this evening...Have a good day.

jlfoster said...

I like how you mentioned being shy about commenting. I agree with you. Sometimes it feels a bit awkward to comment on something when you don't really know the person.

I really love your blog's name. It is totally how I often feel!